Friday, June 1, 2012

Jurassic Park Insight

I decided to spend my evening tonight watching one of my favorite movie trilogies as well as movie version of some of my favorite books; The Jurassic Park series!  During the third movie, Dr. Grant said something so incredibly insightful that immediately reminded me of the students we have in our classroom.   He said "I have a theory that there are two kinds of boys, those who want to be astronomers, and those who want to be astronauts.  The astronomer, the paleontologist, gets to study these amazing things from a place of complete safety." "But then you never get to go into space"  "Exactly, that's the difference between imagining and seeing, being able to touch them."  What incredible insight into our students.  There are those whose education can suffice on imagination, upon hearing and reading about certain things and gaining complete understanding of something, and those who need to see, touch, and experience something to fully understand and appreciate it.  Something to keep in mind =)!

No comments:

Post a Comment