Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Why Pinterest is the Superior Bookmarking Site


Okay Okay, So I will admit it, I am a Pinterest pinning ADDICT.  I can't help it.  I absolutely am in love with this site and have been since I went searching for a fun DIY Martini party project last Christmas and stumbled upon this site.  For those of you who haven't been on Pinterest yet (for shame!) it's essentially a visual bookmarking/social media site.  Now I also have used sites like Diigo to save and bookmark great links but the reason I believe Pinterest reigns superior is because an image is always attached to your link. I think this is why the creators of this site are geniuses.  By having an image attached to whatever you are linking you constantly have a visual of what your link is, whether is be a cool website for wedding ideas, a new favorite piece of jewelry, or  links to your new favorite iPAD app.  This makes organization and finding the exact link you bookmarked a breeze.  Pinterest also takes their "pins" a step further by allowing the user to organize their pins onto boards so essentially categorizing their links.  And beyond that, you can place those boards in over-arching categories that the creators of Pinterest have set up for you.  Ahh, the possibilities are endless.  I also love the search feature, it makes looking up anything on Pinterest so easy.  Or if I want to see what the popular pins of the day are I can go under the popular pin tab.


Now for some of you who have checked out Pinterest and have basically been bombarded with pictured of how to get your abs perfect or the cutest new pair of stilettos don't worry, you just have to start pinning yourself and dig a little deeper to get past some of the kitschy Pinterest pins.  There is an entire category filed under education that has anything and everything you could ever dream of.  It is full of free lesson plan ideas, printables, foldables, classroom organization ideas, classroom management plans, lessons for holidays, crafting, fun lessons, Ipad apps, computer apps, so many free resources at your fingertips and people continue adding more and more everyday!!!  And again, by having every link associated with a picture, it makes the task of searching through the thousands upon thousands of pins a little less tedious and much more enjoyable, and in my opinion easier to narrow down what you are looking for; because you'll know it when you see it.


I am on this site everyday, multiple times a day, and every time I go on I find at least 5 new things to "re-pin"  mind you I have about 25 boards I am managing ranging from weddings, to babies, household craft, knitting, education, organization, future dogs, Star Wars, geeky quirks, things that make me laugh, things that make me smile, and of course, what would the internet be without cats that make you smile, laugh and desperate for more.  SO do yourself a favor if you haven't checked out Pinterest yet, if your are looking for great lesson ideas, a way to make your own Windex, or something to simply get a good laugh out of, I promise you're only a simple pin away!


No comments:

Post a Comment